About MontebelloDepartmentsCalendarsServicesCity OfficesFAQ's
Homepage > ... > Public Works > Go Green > Commercial & Demolition RecyclingPrint friendly format
Public Works Department
Danilo Batson

1600 W. Beverly Blvd.
Montebello, CA 90640
Phone: 323-887-1460
Fax: 323-887-1464
Commercial and Demolition Recycling

What exactly is Construction and Demolition Debris? That is a questions that has left many
Montebello residents and businesses to wonder about. Is it brick, block, and rubble? Is it wood and heavy timber from homes? Is it drywall or roofing materials? Is it recyclable metals and copper? Well, the answer is simple, "It’s all of that and more". The Mon-tebello Municipal Code defines Commercial and Demolition Debris or C&D Debris as "
waste products and recyclables resulting from the construc-tion, remodeling or demolition of building and other structure including, but not limited to, wood, metals, concrete, brick, clay, glass, plastics, dirt, asphalt, cement, lumber, wallboard, roofing material, ceramic tile, plastic pipe, and excluding putrescibles, garbage, and liquid wastes."

Whenever a resident, business, or outside contractor is performing any type of construction, remodeling, demolition, or land clearing activity within the City, they are required to report the information to the City and provide the City with the name and contact information for the approved and licensed solid waste hauler that they are using for the removal of the waste material. The purpose of this is to ensure that the materials being discarded are accounted for and that the City is able to properly account for all of the waste materials generated within the city limits. Reporting is simple and takes only a few minutes. All you have to do is obtain a City "Commercial & Demolition Reporting Form" from the City’s website, or from the City’s Planning & Community Development Department and return the information back to the City once the project is complete. This information will allow us to contact the hauler that you contracted with and obtain the necessary information. If you hauled the material away yourself, then you can complete the form and provide the information to us directly. The reporting of this information is essential to help the City meet our state mandated diversion requirements.

HomeAbout MontebelloDepartmentsCalendarsServicesCity OfficesFAQ's
Powered by Civica Software