The following is a partial of list of violations and issues that Code Enforcement handles:
- Inoperative vehicles on private property.
- General property maintenance issues that are visible from the public right-of-way.
- Illegal garage conversions.
- Unpermitted uses of property, such as operating certain businesses in a residential area.
- Unpermitted structures.
- Permits for temporary signs and activities (please see below for downloadable permit applications).
- Film Permits.
- Fireworks Permits.
- Overgrown vegetation and/or weeds.
- Lack of required live maintained landscaping.
- Street vendors (also handled by the Police Department).
- Unpermitted banners and/or signs.
- Signs illegally posted in the public right-of-way.
Services Not Handled by Code Enforcement
The following is a partial list of violations and issues that do not fall under Code Enforcement's jurisdiction:
- Inoperative vehicles on public property (contact Parking Enforcement at the Police Department at 323-887-1331).
- Illegal parking (contact Parking Enforcement at the Police Department at 323-887-1331).
- Vehicles left on the street for more than seventy-two hours (contact Parking Enforcement at the Police Department at 323-887-1331).
- Most animal related issues (contact Animal Control - SEAACA at 562-803-3301).
- Loud parties and/or noisy neighbors (contact the Police Department at 323-887-1313).
- Unpermitted construction in progress (contact Building and Safety at 323-887-1497).
- Leaking faucets, vermin, mold and general housing maintenance issues for multi-family units (contact the Los Angeles Department of Public Health, Environmental Health at 562-345-6830).
- Health and/or cleanliness issues related to restaurants (contact the Los Angeles Department of Public Health, Food Bureau at 323-780-2272).
- Air quality issues (contact AQMD at 800-288-7664).
Should you need assistance and are unsure if Code Enforcement would be the proper Division to assist you, please feel free to give us a call at (323) 887-1490. We will be happy to answer you requestions and refer you to the proper Department or Agency.